Clerkship Application Process (non-VSAS)
- Please fill out the Clerkship Application (handwritten or incomplete applications will not be processed) Note: A valid affiliation agreement with Florida Hospital GME and your academic institution is also required
- E-mail or fax the completed application along with the Required Documents
- The GME office will contact you via e-mail within 3-5 days
International/Foreign Medical Students (Non-LCME/COCA)
- Commission for Independent Education (CIE) licensure must be provided. Information is located here: http://www.fldoe.org/cie/clerkships.asp
- International medical student applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- All international students must be 4th or final year medical students
- Other requirements are the same as above
Note: Completion of these processes does not guarantee approval for your request. Additionally, you may be required to independently identify and seek approval of a preceptor for your elective rotation.
Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS)
Florida Hospital Graduate Medical Education prefers that
fourth year medical students apply for Clerkship rotations
through VSAS. Please submit the required documents to your
profile as listed on our institution information page. Applications
are reviewed and scheduled by the appropriate residency program.
Notifications regarding availability are emailed through VSAS
within 3-7 days.
For more information on our visiting student electives, or if you are unable to use VSAS to submit your application, please contact FH.GME.Clerkship@flhosp.org.
For more information on VSAS, please visit www.aamc.org/vsas or contact VSAS at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 478-9878.